@OC DEAF Facebook feed:
How to home-school during the coronavirus crisis
A survival guide by our own Family Outreach Advocate, Wendy Merritt-Aguilar.
Disclaimer: Make sure you follow the school work given to your child from school.
- Set up a “school” schedule like the one below.
2. Play some read-aloud ASL Story Times .
3. Use this Free Educational website
4. Print Activity Sheets. Our Activities To Do Section has some great resources.
5. Get Active – Play outside, Yoga, Go for walk, etc. Tip: Check out our Activities To Do Section for some ideas!
6. Be Creative- Cooking Project, Art project, etc
7. Find an educational TV Channel: Netflix, YouTube, Roku, Amazon Video, etc
9.Find where to pick up grab-and-go lunch meals here.
Explore while staying inside
The Monterey Bay Aquarium has live feeds and videos of animals from their open sea turtles to their penguins!
Explore the universe from the comfort of your home. On NASA’s website you can search their entire database of photos and video for free.
Take in the classical art of the Sistine Chapel and more with these virtual tours of the Vatican .
Enjoy this free database of ASL literature resources for children.
The Women’s History Museum in Virginia offers free online exhibits .
Enjoy the Beluga Whale LiveCam from the Georgia Aquarium.
Online exhibits available at The Detroit Institute of Art, The Georgia O’Keefe Museum, and the VanGogh Museum in Amsterdam. With the Google Arts and Cultures App you can explore countless museums from your phone. Available through GooglePlay or AppleApps.